Re: LILO problems with new HD

	Subject: Re: LILO problems with new HD
	Date: Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 01:21:46AM -0700

Quoting Lev Lvovsky(levl289@silver168.mminternet.com):
> hehe, sorry, I post under the assumption that ppl's balls are in working
> order ;-D.
>
> /boot is hda1...there are three partitions on the drive, none of them
> extended.  this is what I do @ the console:

Ok I guess I have to spend more time to ask specific questions..
sigh

You said
"I simply copied /boot/* and /home/* to the new drive, and ran lilo on
it."

You didn't say if you updated the /etc/fstab file.
You didn't say if you updated /etc/lilo.config to look for the new
/boot on a different drive.
You didn't say if you changed/removed the old lilo.conf entry that
pointed to the OLD location of /boot.
You didn't say if you now have 2 drives ( I assume you do as you only
copied /boot and /home to the New one) or if there is now only one
drive.

I have written oncee in an effort to help.  I have written a second time
to try to help YOU to help yourself.

[ snip lilo response that dosen't mean anything without above answere]

I _sometimes_ even try to help 3 times, but that doesn't happen often!

--
Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed...
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>