Re: Using debian

RUSSELL SATTER <rsatter@mcn.org> wrote:
> I am real tired of Windows 98 and would give the new way a try. Do I
> have to start with a new hard drive, or what?

Russell, I would recommend doing what I did some long time ago. I bought
a book which came with Linux on a CD. As long as the book is fairly
recent and contains a recent Linux Distribution you should be OK. This
way you have almost all the information you need to get started.

When you later change distribution, the book will still be an invaluable
source of info since once Linux is installed on your system there are
only minor differences between distributions. The book I originally
bought came with a distribution by Caldera, I have since moved through
Red Hat, SuSE, Caldera Lite and eventually to Debian.

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net