Re: Useing debian

egm2@jps.net wrote:

> On 23 Jul, RUSSELL SATTER wrote:
>   |  I am real tired of Windows 98 and would give the new way a try. Do I
>   |  have to start with a new hard drive, or what?
>   |  Russ Satter
> No, if you have four gigs or more you can have good installations of
> both.  You will need to have your Win98 software discs as you will have
> to reinstall it after repartitioning your hard drive.  So, you'll also
> want to back up every important file on your system first.  I
> understand tools like Partition Magic can repartition your hard drive
> without wiping everything out, but I wouldn't want to bank on it!

<insert partition magic plug:partition magic is extremely reliable
software. used it hundreds of times!>

One thing I'd watch out for with pmagic is changing the file system type
(fat<->fat32) on the partition that you have partition magic running
from. In 3.02 anyway it corrupted itself, although everything else was
fine. I just had to reinstall pmagic.

|cheshire|