Re: Useing debian

On 23 Jul, RUSSELL SATTER wrote:
  |  I am real tired of Windows 98 and would give the new way a try. Do I
  |  have to start with a new hard drive, or what?
  |
  |  Russ Satter

No, if you have four gigs or more you can have good installations of
both.  You will need to have your Win98 software discs as you will have
to reinstall it after repartitioning your hard drive.  So, you'll also
want to back up every important file on your system first.  I
understand tools like Partition Magic can repartition your hard drive
without wiping everything out, but I wouldn't want to bank on it!

If you know nothing about Linux, I'd suggest stopping by the Linux
Documentation Project first http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP .  It pays to
familiarize yourself with what is ahead of you.  You'll especially want
to know about how to partition your hard drive, what hardware is
supported (so know your hardware!), and the installation of your chosen
distribution.  There's a pretty steep learning curve if you have no
Unix experience.
--

Eric G. Miller