Re: apt-get bails with this error...

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> This will only happen if APT went to download a package and what it
> downloaded was the wrong size - ie your mirror is busted. If you run
> apt-get again then it will perform a resume operation, assuming that the
> mirror you are using is in the process of downloading it.

That's strange. Your reply to me arrived before my post showed up
on the list(?) Thanks for the speedy response! I did a dumb
thing. When I installed it by hand, I installed the slink version
(doh!!!). I fixed that and apt-get continued the upgrade. Thanks
for the info.

> Otherwise use another mirror - you may or may not have to erase
> /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/* by hand - it depends on what was wrong
> with your mirror and what apt version you are using. (0.3.11 will recover
> fully if you run it enough times ;>)

That's what I like about apt. It'll grind its way through
anything.

thanks again
--
                                         __   _