Re: Setting up Debian with sound

Someone has posted a sequence of steps to use the build a kernel and in
looking them over they do appear correct however...

Install the kernel build package called "kernel-package" (in slink it is
debian/dists/slink/main/binary-i386/misc/kernel-package_6.05.deb for the
PC).

This package is THE way to build kernels for a debian system and provides
many advantages!