Re: 3Com 509B Ethernet card working in Windows but not in Linux

Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> According to the Hardware-HOWTO Linux should support the 3Com  509B
> Ethernet card. When I try to install the driver I get an error and during
> booting a line appear:
>
> eth0 unknown interface  /* something like that */
>
> In Windows 95 the card funktion and I can ping it from my Mac via the
> local network. I's a Pentium 133 MHz system i'm installing on.
>
> Any tips?

What are you doing to get the driver set up?

have you:

1) insmoded the 3c509.o   module  -OR- compiled it hard into the kernel?
2) if so, what does it say when the module is loaded/on boot up?

After you get the hardware driver working, eth0 should exist, and
you should then be able to set up the ifconfig and routeing tables.

--Evan