Re: Hardware support.

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 09:48:58AM -0400, David Kagan wrote:
> Hello. I have been attempting to install Debian Linux onto my computer.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support my Promise Technology, Inc.
> Ultra66 IDE Controller. My system is a a Gateway Pentium III with all
> the standard Gateway peripherals. Is there anything that you (or I) can
> do about this?
>
> If there is, I would really appreciate it if you could help. I really
> want to start running Linux since I detest what Microsoft is doing and
> Linux is by far the better system.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> David Kagan

It would help a lot if you'd post the exact error messages that you got,
and how you tried to install the system (from a DOS Partition, floppy, CD-ROM, etc).

Also, debian-user is a more appropriate mailing list for this type of
stuff, so I've set further posts to go there.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com