BIOS? Help installing

Never seen that with any flavor of unix but it happens all the time with
Windows NT4 or Windows 2000 if you have an AMD K6/2 CPU ..... I am using
the same CPU with Redhat / Mandrake & Solaris and never had problems
then
but the Debian boxes both have Intel Pentium 100 / 133 so don't know if
Debian acts up with AMD but its a possibility I guess

             BIOS? Help installing