Ssh* pkg and LinuxLogo

Hi,

I have two questions I hope you can answer, I am using Debian 4 months
now, after 6 months of RedHat, and I LIKE it.

1) I installed Linux Logo, but I have a bit problems with it.

* It won't update /etc/issue.net?
* Can I get the default issue line back in the logo: Debian GNU/\s potato \n \l
  it shows the TTY number and Debian version, missing that now.
  To the right of the logo now only stands the hostname, can it be replaced
  by this line (Debian GNU/ SYSTEM VERSION HOSTNAME TTYnr.)
* Why changed the logo to the swirl, I liked the bird/pinguin-thingy!
  but I will get used to the swirl ;)

2) I want to use ssh2 and ssh2d, I use them everywhere, mostly on
   SlackWare systems, but there ssh is symlinked to ssh2, so I am used to
   it and I don't like ssh1. Two months ago I added these lines to my
   sources.list (using APT off course):

deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US
deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

   and I installed ssh2, symlinked everthing from ssh2 to ssh and it worked,
   BUT everytime using dselect (fine program, after getting used to it :)
   it reports a fail in dependencies involving ssh2 everytime I want to
   install/update something:

 EIOM Pri Section  Package      Description
 ***  Opt non-US/n ssh2         a secure replacement for rlogin, rsh, and rcp
  _*  Opt non-US/n ssh          a secure replacement for rlogin, rsh, and rcp

   !! and ssh reports: ssh2 recommends ssh (>= 1.2.26-1)

   it says RECOMMENDS, but dselect let me feel it DEPENDS, because it
   wants to install it badly. Now I force with Q after selecting ssh for
   removal, that works fine, but it gets annoying.

TIA,

Paul

Student @                              |  Using the Power of Linux...
Eindhoven University of                |  ICQ: 8678828
Technology, The Netherlands            |  email: paul@donald-duck.ele.tue.nl