Re: Mcopy

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 07:23:04PM +1000, Doug Young wrote:

> I can't figure how to use it though ..... MAN mcopy says to type
> something like eg "mcopy -t/resolv.conf /dev/fd0" but that only gives
> me "Can't open /dev/fd0/resolv.conf: Not a directory"

My mcopy manual tells me to try "mcopy sourcefile targetfile".
Targetfile is a MS-DOS drive letter like "a:" :-)

	mcopy -t /resolf.conf a:

Should do the trick, provided that there is an MS-DOS-filesystem on the
floppy.  If not, use "mformat a:" to create the filesystem and then use
mcopy.

/etc/mtools.conf should contain a line like

	drive a: file="/dev/fd0" exclusive

This defines "a:" to be your first floppy drive.

So long, Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
*** Siehst Du die Gräber dort hinterm Strauch?