Re: Re: getty vs minicom

On the bo (1.3.1) system I tried this on, I got:

vesta# dpkg -S /sbin/getty
getty: /sbin/getty

Which as I said, lead me up a blind ally.

>From your response, I have just tried:

vesta# dpkg -s getty
Package: getty
Essential: yes
 agetty is the standard Debian getty.  It is a SYSV/SunOS4 getty
 program with useful features for hardwired and dial-in tty lines.

So the source package I should have been looking for was base/poeigl,
which I have now found.

Unfortunately the document I was following didn't warn of the
possibility of the source package not being named the same as the
binary package, and I missed the -s option to dpkg.

Not to worry, case closed.  Many thanks for your helpful response.

am