Re: getty vs minicom

According to Andrew MacIntyre:
> >Source of both agetty and mgetty is available on all debian mirrors.
>
> Could you tell me where then please.  AFAICT, getty is packaged as
> base/getty, however such a package appears not to exist, either
> source or binary.  mgetty I found w/o any probs.

It's in util-linux:

% dpkg -S /sbin/getty
util-linux: /sbin/getty

For some packages the name is different from the source package; in that
case, you'd have to do a 'dpkg -s binary-package' to find out the source
package (it's the Source: line) but that's not the case for util-linux.
The source package for util-linux is simply called util-linux.

Mike.
--
... somehow I have a feeling the hurting hasn't even begun yet
	-- Bill, "The Terrible Thunderlizards"