Re: why so much hate?

I'm inclined to believe that apt-get (and in fact most of the apt tools)
are useful mainly script writers, and those trained on Red Hat. One of
the reasons I still only show linux newbies how to use dselect, is that
it is simply a matter of browsing the appropriate section or "/"
searching for part of a package name, to find the appropriate package for
installation or removal. If dselect was modified, so that "/" or a
similar command would search package descriptions (preferably with a
regexp), I don't think I'd be able to leave the house.

jeff