Re: Here's an easy question, how shutdown debian?

> > Also check that in /etc/rc.d at the appropriate runlevel you have a umount
> > script (it's the script that will get executed upon the shutdown to umount
> > all the partitions).
>
> This should already be in place on a Debian system ;)

You never know.
When I upgraded to 2.2.10 from 2.0.36, system would not umount the
partitions properly because of some problem with scripts in rc.d. That
caused quite a lot of file corruptions (esp in dselect data files, where
info about each package is kept. I could not install anything)
So better be safe than sorry
Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 Scorpio@hushmail.com