Re: Here's an easy question, how shutdown debian?

>> "Andri" == Andri Bell <debian2@one-click.com> wrote:

Andri> Everytime I restart my debian pc after having turned it off
Andri> debian tells me at bootup that devices were not unmounted
Andri> properly. I don't use any commands to shutdown debian, I just
Andri> use the on/off switch when I'm finished.  Apparantly that is a
Andri> bad idea.

EEEK. It is.

http://www.debian.org/~hp/tutorial/debian-tutorial.html/ch-start.html#s-start-shutdown

Andri> If so, what is the command to shutdown?

Surprisingly, it is "shutdown". See the above URL.

Andri> Or is it simply cntrl/alt/del to cause debian to stop
Andri> everything from running and then turn it off at memory
Andri> checking?

This will call shutdoen to reboot the system, so this is OK.

/etc/inittab :

# What to do when CTRL-ALT-DEL is pressed.
ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

Ciao,
	Martin