Re: Back Again - CDRom

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 04:01:23PM +0100, Artur Correia wrote:
> OK,
> As expected, ran into some more problems:
> #1. How the hell do i see the contents of a cdrom? I've tried in the shell mount /dev/hdb and mount /dev/cdrom, but i got a message saying that that file was not in the file fstab or mtab... and, in fact, it isn't. The starnge part is tha if i run dselect with the cd rom with the debian distribution the program accesses the cd and install all the packages from it? So, what do i do?
> Desperately waiting for a solution,
> AC
> Tks

You could try:

   mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdb /cdrom

You could also add the following line to your /etc/fstab file:

   /dev/hdb   /cdrom    iso9660 defaults,ro,noauto,user        0      0

That way, simply typing 'mount /cdrom' would work.

(The above examples assume /dev/hdb *is* your cdrom.  If it ain't, edit
appropriately)

HTH,
Mike

[I'm subscribed to the list, no need to CC: me on replys.]

--
Michael Merten (ironfoot@popaccount.com)
          ---> NRA Life Member (http://www.nra.org)