Re: Back Again - CDRom

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Artur Correia wrote:

> OK,
> As expected, ran into some more problems:
> #1. How the hell do i see the contents of a cdrom? I've tried in the shell mount /dev/hdb and mount /dev/cdrom, but i got a message saying that that file was not in the file fstab or mtab... and, in fact, it isn't. The starnge part is tha if i run dselect with the cd rom with the debian distribution the program accesses the cd and install all the packages from it? So, what do i do?
> Desperately waiting for a solution,
> AC
> Tks

"mount [-fnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-o options] device dir"
-- from the mount manpage.

                              did you see this:   ^^^
you need to have an entry for that in the /etc/fstab file
or you need to specify the mountpoint, which is just an empthy dir.

did I make sense to you ?

also, try reading the whole man page, I also think there is a manpage
about fstab.

Hope this helps... it should :)