What package contains insmod

I'm trying to connect my iomega zip 100 to my linux box and the ZIP-HOW-TO I found on zip drives says that I should do a "insmod ppa" before I attempt to compile the kernel.  I guess the module necesary to attach the zip drive may already be compiled into my kernel? And this instruction might help me determine that?  I contacted this list before and got some great suggestions, can some one help me again?  I did do a search on "insmod" which didn't return any matches. I also downloaded a kernel utility package called "modutils_2_1_121-18.deb". Is this the right package (which contains insmod)?

Thanks for helping a NEWBIE :)

Wxb1