Re: Mail prgs (exim)

	Subject: Re: Mail prgs (exim)
	Date: Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 10:27:41AM -0400

Quoting Sera Hill(sera.hill@sympatico.ca):
> Well, I'm not sure how the config works for exim.  When it asks me for
> information, I'm not sure just *what* it's asking me for?  Like the local
> hosts thing, and the relay-mail thing.  And exim never once asks for the
> POP3 Server Domain or the username/pass combo that'd be needed if it were to
> connect to my POP3 acct.
>
> -Sera "The Newbie" Hill

You have the normal eximconfig problem.  Try this and I believe it
will work for you.

[Thu Apr 15 13:52:08 EDT 1999]
I "finally!" got the beast to work.  I have
a suggestion for how to install it.  When the install script starts
give it the following answers:

Question #              Answer
1.                              Your HOME network.domain
2                               none
3                               none
4                               none
5                               No Filter
6                               Your.ISP's.domain.name
7                               Any user (I made one called boss)
8                               Yes - Replace /etc/aliases  ( after you have the #7
                                        already created)

Then go into the /etc/exim.conf and check the following:

qualify_domain = Your Home.domain
local_domains = localhost          # This made it deliver mail from the ISP to me.

--
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>