Re: More Net difficulties

Sera Hill wrote:

> Well, I'm not on a ppp-based connection.  I'm on DHCP.  And I'm on a PCMCIA
> Ethernet card.  I can ftp and run apt fine.  I can also ping people.  But I
> can't get e-mail (just realized to go to freshmeat.org & get
> install-sendmail (thanks Marshal)) to work that one.  Netscape is being
> annoying.  I'm going to try re-installing the deb pkg.
You might consider exim instead of sendmail. It is MUCH easier to
configure. You could always change later. There are several other mail
progs besides. One that I have heard good things about is postillion
(though I have not tried it). These are both installable with apt. You
should probably have fetchmail and procmail from debian also.

--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems