Re: fw: Fetchmail problems

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 09:22:28AM +0200, Gary Richard van Blerk wrote:
> Does this mean that fetchmail is incapable of doing this type of thing
> automatically? As far as I can see, fetchmail will connect to the server
> and
> forward the mail to your server on port 25. If this is the case, why can't
> it keep the original to:xxx@mydomain.co.za and forward it user xxx. My
> server is a dial-up type and the domain name I gave the server matches the
> email address. Can fetchmail not forward the messages directly to your
> localhosts mailer eg. sendmail?
> many thanks
> Gary

I really don't know.  Since my remote email account doesn't match my
local account, I have to tell fetchmail to rewrite the header using
the following:

poll <remote server> with proto POP3 and options no dns
       user "<pop account name>" there with password "<password>" is \
       <local account name> here options fetchall mimedecode warnings 3600

If the original To: header is correct for your local machine, I really
don't see why it wouldn't work like you want it to.  However, I'm far
from being an expert on fetchmail (or mail in general for that matter),
so perhaps someone else on the list can kick in here with more info.

[I'm subscribed to the list, no need to CC: me on replys.]

Mike
--
Michael Merten (ironfoot@popaccount.com)
          ---> NRA Life Member (http://www.nra.org)