From: Michael Merten <ironfoot@popaccount.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 1999 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: Fetch mail problems

>On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 08:04:11PM +0200, Gary van Blerk wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've been using Debian now for about 2 years and still I am learning
new
things about it every day. I need some help with using fetchmail. I have a
Debian server running sendmail. I have a  domain registered for mail only.
>> user@ipandm.co.za
>>
>> I can fetch all the mail quite well from the server using fetchmail but
the problem is that the mail is stored in the wrong mailbox. Whichever
user
executes fetchmail gets all the mail. How can I fix this so all the mail
will be delivered to the seperate users? Can fetchmail recieve mail and
deliver it to the users it was addressed to?
>> If anyone has some info about fetchmail, maybe a HOWTO or something I
would appreciate it.

>> many thanks
>> Gary
>
>If I understand correctly, you're fetching mail from a multi-drop
account,
>and you want it sorted and delivered to the intended accounts on your
local
>server.
>
>There are probably easier ways to do this, but I'd set it up so that
fetchmail
>was run as a particular user (maybe set up a special account for this)
from