Re: Fax

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Cuno Sonnemans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed efax, but I can only
> fax asci text.
> Is it possible to fax text in for example
> WP8 formart. Or an other format so I can
> fax letters with bold and underlined text.

Convert your file to postscript.  Read the "fax" manpage:

	"fax provides a simple user interface to the efax(1) and
       efix(1)  programs.  It allows you to send text or
       Postscript  files  as  faxes and receive, print or preview
       received faxes.  The fax help command prints a summary  of
       the possible commands.

       To  send  a  fax,  the original files need to be converted
       from ASCII or Postscript into a particular bit-map  format
       (TIFF  with Group 3 encoding).  This can be done automati-
       cally by the fax send command or you can use the fax  make
       command  to do the conversion before sending the fax."

Johann.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the
      fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord."
                                   I Corinthians 1:9