Re: Fax

Johann Spies wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Cuno Sonnemans wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed efax, but I can only
> > fax asci text.
> > Is it possible to fax text in for example
> > WP8 formart. Or an other format so I can
> > fax letters with bold and underlined text.
>
> Convert your file to postscript.  Read the "fax" manpage:
>
>         "fax provides a simple user interface to the efax(1) and
>        efix(1)  programs.  It allows you to send text or
>        Postscript  files  as  faxes and receive, print or preview
>        received faxes.  The fax help command prints a summary  of
>        the possible commands.
>
>        To  send  a  fax,  the original files need to be converted
>        from ASCII or Postscript into a particular bit-map  format
>        (TIFF  with Group 3 encoding).  This can be done automati-
>        cally by the fax send command or you can use the fax  make
>        command  to do the conversion before sending the fax."

OK johan, it works thanx.
I ran    fax m XXXXX.ps
It created a TIFF  File.
Then I faxed it.

But I'am using Ksendfax as GUI.
And I use the following settings to send a fax (in Ksendfax):
fax send "@@Phone" "@@FName"
This works just fine.
But you told me it can be done automatically.
Now I have to run fax m  manually before sending a fax.
Do you know the command to do it all in one.
I mean a command I can use in Ksendfax, so I don't have
to run fax m, anymore.

Cuno