Re: sndconfig.rpm to .deb question

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 01:27:15PM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:
>
> me. The advice, oft given, to see what resources a card uses in Windows, and
> then try those, was bad advice indeed for me. It threw me WAY off. The main
> thing I didn't have a clue about was how to edit isapnp.conf after I had
> created it with pnpdump. That's what sndconfig did for me, so if you use

I've never tried RedHat, and so I'm not familiar with sndconfig, but I've
always wondered why Debian didn't have a 'isapnpconfig' script that could
read a pnpdump file and build a menu of options for generating a proper
isapnp.conf file (something like what pppconfig does for ppp).  Hopefully,
one of those script (or perl) wizards out there will get time to tackle
this one day.

Mike

--
Michael Merten (ironfoot@popaccount.com)