Re: pppconfig

Romeu writes:
> I didn't know the address of my DNS server when I was setting up my
> debian installation. So I put this IP, which is the IP from a machine of
> the enterprise I work. It's behind a firewall ! I could never reach it !

Right.

> I asked to my ISP support a DNS server, and he said that I dont need so
> suply it.

"Dynamic DNS".

> I looked at my win connection, and there's no DNS server specified in it.

There is probably some way to extract the nameserver numbers form Windows,
but I don't use Windows.  Any Win9X users want to comment?

In the meantime, try these numbers.  They're for my isp. but they may work
for you:

nameserver 205.212.123.10
nameserver 208.140.2.15

> The things are going automatic under windows, but doesn't do so under
> linux.

The versions of ppp and pppconfig in unstable support this "dynamic DNS"
stuff.

> Does this have to do with defaultroute option?

No.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)