apt (and/or dselect) with other dists (ie. RH, suse, etc)

Howdy all,

I have been lurkin' for quite some time to see if anybody had thought of
this one. I believe apt currently only handles .deb's but that there was
room left open for the addition of other pkg formats. Anyway my question
is this, Has anyone been able to point the apt source list at another
distribution and *auto-magically* been able to install any package they
wished?

I think that it might be benificial to have this option open for people
imagrating into debian so that they would be able to install some of their
favorite flavors, so long as the package was reasonably compatable (ie.
not going to muck about in the libs and such ).

Frisco Rose     REU Student
rosef@nemo.physics.ncsu.edu