Re: upgrading perl - apache-ssl prob

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Bernard wrote:

> Got the same trouble and have also put the pakages that require 5.005 on
> hold, dselect doesn't complain anymore but... I have the following problem:
>
> c/ apache-ssl (non-US)
> [Thu Jul  8 21:34:02 1999] [error] Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/local/lib/site_perl .
> /etc/apache-ssl/ /etc/apache-ssl/lib/perl) at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache.pm line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache.pm line 3.
>
> d) I guess the libapache-mod-perl or whatever is not avare of the path
> reorganisation in perl. Does anyone have an idea how I can work around the
> problem (other than wait a week or so)?

i had the same problem. In the end, i managed to solve it by adding this
to the top of /usr/lib/perl5/Apache.pm:

BEGIN {
  unshift @INC, qw(/usr/lib/perl5/5.004/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.004);
}

This adds the proper paths to the @INC list, so it can find the needed
files. Of course, if the paths are different on your system you should use
those paths (e.g. if you have a different arch).