Re: Slink Installation problems

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 02:02:00PM +0100, Jorge.H.Sousa wrote:

> I'm want to install Slink over Hamm without doing an upgrade, But I'm facing
> a major problem, the rescue disk hangs when detects the SCSI adapter. The
> same disk works perfectely on my other system with no SCSI.

It's a known problem I believe.

> Is there another  way to solve this??

You don't need to boot with the rescue disk to do an upgrade - in fact,
this is the Wrong Thing.  All you need to do is to point apt or dselect
at some slink media, update the list of packages and then tell it to
install the new packages.  Everything else should work fine.  There are
some instructions on exactly what to do somewhere in the CDs (probably
also on the FTP site) but that's the basic idea.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/