install can't read from cd

Hi there,

Can anybody help with the following, I'd like to be able to try debian...

Disappointed with rh6 I thought I'd give debian a go.  I ran the cd through dos

 (d:\install\boot) and successfully mounted the root directory, init swap.
When it came to selecting media to install from I chose cd-rom, /dev/hdf but a
message returned saying that the mount was unsuccessful.

486
CD is an ATAPI in IDE drive
16 M ram
IDE cache controller

Note that rh 5.2 doesn't ask for any info regarding the cd, just loads from it,

so it's not a problem with the cd I feel.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction,  either with some
documentation or some help?

Thanks.

regards,
shane.