Re: email acknowledging/confirmation

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 10:13:38AM +0200, Pere Camps wrote:

> > That is not a standard e-mail feature.  There are a VERY FEW Microsoft-ish
> > e-mail clients that have a "Request return receipt" feature, but that ONLY
> > works when the receiving mail client supports that feature as well, and
> > has it enabled.

> 	That's why I was asking. Too bad. :(

Some Unix M[TD]As support delivery notification (I believe Sendmail is
among them) but that's not very standard either.  If you only need to
generate the header, then with most sane MUAs that's no problem - just
obtain a message with the appropriate option set and figure out which
headers you need to generate.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/