Re: email acknowledging/confirmation

Pere Camps wrote:

> Hi!
>
>         Can somebody point me to the place where an standard for
> automatically acknowledging/confirming email (that is, I want to know if
> my email has been read by the receiver) is -it there exists one-?
>
>         I'll be also be very grateful if you point me to software that
> supports it and its also supported by debian.

But please don't send them that way to the mailing list!  I've seen some
folks who do that and I get an annoying dialog box popping up, asking me
if I want to send a receipt!  (I use Netscape Messenger on Windows95.
Yes, I like it very much, thank you.)

Besides, you don't really want to get zillions of receipts, do you?  ;-)
Out, damned spot!
Out, spot, out!
      -- Shakespeare for First Grade