Re: email acknowledging/confirmation

On 07-Jul-99 Pere Camps wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
>> That is not a standard e-mail feature.  There are a VERY FEW
>> Microsoft-ish
>> e-mail clients that have a "Request return receipt" feature, but that
>> ONLY
>> works when the receiving mail client supports that feature as well,
>> and
>> has it enabled.
>
>       That's why I was asking. Too bad. :(
>
>>  In other words, it'll happen maybe once in a blue moon.
>
>       I'll resort to the usual method: first line of the message -> I
> want an ack!!! ;)

Best way -- person-to-person!

But, if you think you'll ever need the automated version, XFMail can do
this (both request and give acknowledgement of receipt or of opening
or of both), automatically or after user confirmation (according to
how you configure it).

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
Date: 07-Jul-99                                       Time: 10:33:35