Re: Configuring two networks with the same interface card

  Vadim>  Hi !

  Vadim> I want to set up my Debian to work with two ip addresses on
  Vadim> different networks with one ethernet card.  Asuming two
  Vadim> different physical networks 192.168.0.0 and 192.168.1.0 :

	[...]

  Vadim> Ping 192.168.0.10 is OK.

  Vadim> # ping 192.168.1.10 ping : sendto: Operation not permitted
  Vadim> ping : wrote: 192.168.1.10 64 chars, ret = -1

It has nothing to do with this, but I have the same error when my
ISP's DHCP server faultly changes my IP address. The only solution I
have found so far is to reboot my machine (which makes me think that
the problem is on my side, not on my ISP's).

Any explanation ?

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr