Re: Debian install fails utterly

have hoped:

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 at 22:07:11 -0500, Michael Merten wrote:

> Is there any way to disable the SCSI adaptor on the MBD?

There _is_ an option in the BIOS Setup to disable it, but the Kernel still
detects it.  Oh -- for the days of jumpers....

and On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 at 17:53:48 +1000, Revenant wrote:

> Then just ran install.bat from the DOS Prompt.

I have no windows partition on this computer.  All linux.  All intended to
be Debian.

Revenant also wrote:

> it may well be worth borrowing an IDE CD-ROM from someone

I'm using an IDE CDROM.  I don't even want the SCSI.  The machine is
intended to number-crunch all day long with very little disk activity.

Anyway, I'm getting the motherboard swapped out, so this will all probably
go away now.  Thanks to those of you that answered.

-Bitt