Re: Need Help Building my first .debs???

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 09:12:27 -0400, Person, Roderick wrote:
> I'm trying to package a .deb.

debian-mentors may be a more suitable list for discussing packaging.

> I have read and followed the docs and the HOWTOs. I must be missing
> something. I get a error 1 when running rules script.

That's not a particularly useful description of your problem. Does it do
something? Does make -f debian/rules -n provide a hint?

There's some material under http://www.debian.org/devel/

> Is there a generic way to build .debs?

No, but use of tools like dh-make/debhelper makes packaging a lot easier
than writing everything by hand.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.