printing from WP8

I've searched through the archives, and can't find a solution to my
particular problem.  I am running Debian potato updated everyday.  I am
printing to a network printer (HP Laserjet IIIsi) through an IP address
using lpr and magicfilter.  Netscape and others print fine, but WP8
doesn't.  I am using the IIIsi driver and printing to lp in WP.  The
print job shows up in the queue, but it never spits out.  I am thinking
that it is because of magicfilter.  Is there an option to print without
using Magicfilter?  Any ideas or tips would be helpful.  Thanks.

Kelly Corbin
kjc4286@ksu.edu