Re: Tab Tab program/command line editing

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 10:45:48PM -0700, Mark Wagnon wrote:
> Matthew Dalton wrote:
> >
> > Me neither. It's a pain in the arse to have to go back to a Windows box
> > and use the feature-void dos command shell.
> >

> Whenever I have to navigate around in DOS, I'm always hitting tab try to
> complete commands. I love the filename completion *feature*
> --

Uhm, if you find yourself stuck on an NT machine, here is a litle
known registry setting which enables a primative form of filename
completion in a cmd.exe shell.  Set

  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\CompletionChar

to 0x9 (the tab char).  I got this from an FAQ on ntemacs I think, and
it mentioned something about cmd.exe crashing ocassionally because of
it, but that's nothing terribly rare with MS software.  (Of course
cygwin bash is the best NT solution...)

Another invaluable NT setting is:

  HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Mouse/ActiveWindowTracking

set to 1 - This gives you focus-follows-mouse, yea!!!

ksb