Multiple CD installation tip.

I don't really know why people think it is difficult to install Debian from
the 2 CD set. I admit, it took my a while to before I figured it out and
this is a real minus, but I think dselect rocks.

FROM A NEWBIE TO OTHER NEWBIES:

After you install the base system, put the first CD-ROM of the Debian
distribution in the tray, fire up dselect and run 'update.'

Then take out the first CD-ROM, put in the second CD-ROM and do an 'update'
again. If dpkg comes back with the message that info on 2250 packages has
been updated you're there.

Use the slash and backslash to find what you want and the fun can begin. If
the package you want to install is on the other CD-ROM dkpg will ask for it.

--------------

Regarding vendors of Debian CD-ROMs: I bought my set from the Dutch Debian
Distribution Initiative (http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/debian/), which are
just two brothers/students who want to put their CD-burner to good use.
They burn on Arita media (one of the largest CD media producers in Taiwan,
who also produces Philips CD-ROMs. My girlfriend made a handsome profit
with their stock, no kidding), although the DDDI can't guarantee anything
either, of course.

But what I mean to say is, if you want to buy Debian on CD-ROM, then do
that from people who at least use Debian themselves and who are not out for
a profit or name recognition. I guess apart from DDDI there are more these
initiatives to be found on http://www.debian.org/distrib/vendors.

Hope this helps anybody. -- Hans