Re: KDE 1.1.1 will it run under slink?

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 11:24:55AM +0300, Stefan.Ehlen@saw.rwth-aachen.de wrote:

> > Last question for the night. Running slink, can I use kde 1.1.1 from the
> > binary debs without running into library problems?
>
> You will need to upgrade to qt1.44 (package qt1g from unstable). Everything
> else should be OK. (This refers to the KDE Hamm packages. Slink packages are
> not available)
>
> > If not, should I be able to find kde 1.1 on the 2 binary cd sets?
>
> No, KDE is not part of the Debian distribution because of license trouble.
> You will need to get them from
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/ or a mirror site.

I found a website where some guy made debs.

Add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

deb http://snowcrash.tdyc.com slink kde contrib rkrusty.

This server is kind of quirky.  It's not always up.

But I managed to get his kde 1.1.1. stuff up and it adds all the apps
to the GNUstep menus as well.  Pretty cool.

If that doesn't work for you, go to ftp.kde.org and get the debs

from there.  Later.

> CU
> Stefan
>

> --

                                _
NatePuri ("natedawg")		o m p a g e s . c o m
Certified Law Student  		p e r c r v t i o f i
McGeorge School of Law 		e d i c a e a n m   n
Sacramento, CA			n i v e t r y   m   d
publisher@ompages.com  		  a a s e y s t u   s
n8fs0n@softcom.net		    t s d o   h n
http://www.ompages.com		    e     n   i i