Re: Securing system

> > The standard things people will tell you to do are:
> > 	- turn everything off
>
> What is "everything"? I've downloaded the lasg and have been reading
> through it...but so far I have only disable things in
> /etc/inetd.conf. Are there other locations that I need to be concerned with?

You should also look at the output of ps aux and make sure that you have
no network daemons running on their own.  If there are network daemons
running without being told to by inted, find out where they're starting up
and keep them from starting up.  Another useful thing is a port sentry.
Just something to watch to see it you're being portscanned.  There's one
called Abacus (IIRC) that's pretty nice and will throw potential intruders
into wrappers.

Good luck with securing your box,

Mathias