Re: CD-RW drives and Linux

I am doing the IDE/IDE thing.  If you already have a SCSI controller, you could
go for that.  I have had no problems; just compile SCSI-IDE emulation support
into the kernel so that both your IDE cdroms will speak scsi.

Somebody mentioned CPU usage. I don't see why this should matter, I don't touch
my system while it is burning.  It is not suggested to do any IDE intensive use
such as extracting and compiling a kernel.

Is SCSI all that much faster for burning?

I have a 40x CD-ROM and a HP 7200i CD-RW.