Re: CD-RW drives and Linux

I have the Panasonic CW-7502 SCSI CDROM drive, with an AMD K6-2 350 and
128Mb of PC100 memory.

I have compiled the kernel, watch updatedb start running in the middle
of a burn and compiled the Mercury compiler (much more memory, cpu and
disk intensive then the kernel) during CD burns without any hitches.

I do remember that on my old Cyrix P200 system with a TEAC CD-Writer,
that it didn't like reading straight from the IDE CD-ROM to burn onto
the SCSI CD-Writer.  Since I use my CD-W as my only CD ROM now, I can't
confirm if that is still true.

Pete.