Re: Help find man pages for Libc functions +

> Hi,
> I once had a problem moving from bo to slink. Many packages were removed
> and had to be reinstalled. One of the things that got lost is the
> documentation on C functions. For example I used to run  "man strcpy" and
> the documentation of the function "strcpy" will be displayed, now it does
> not work. Obviously this means the man pages are not installed. My
> question is which package do I need to install?

The C-library function descriptions are in the manpages-dev package.
The info pages in the glibcdoc package are also very useful to a C(++)
programmer.

> The second problem has to do with lpd. It seems to die once in a while. If
> I want to reinstall it which package should I install?

I have the same problem with lpd from lpr_0.33-3.deb.  Installing the
last version did not help me a lot.  You might want to try the lprng
package (maybe you even have that installed).  This should have enhanced
functionality.  I never got around getting my print filters to work with
it though (yeah, I know about magic filters, but since I wrote my own in
my old slackware days, I kept it that way).  For now, I just restart
lpd once in a while if I need to print.

HTH,
Eric

--