Re: [SuSE Linux] What DO you lose with Linux ???

I use the Netscape Mail program and am quite happy with it.

I've recently returned to Netscape Mail from Pegasus, which is nice,
but has a few little annoying things that Netscape doesn't:

  New messages appear in the "New Mail" folder.  Once they move from
there (after reading) they can't be put back, even if you mark messages
as unread.

  If you search for messages by criteria you get a list of matches.
If you select one of them, it opens it (okay so far), but then when
you finish the message and close it, you find that Pegasus has opened
the folder it came from underneath.  This leads to an annoying
repetition of "click on msg, read msg, close msg, close folder
window".

  It also doesn't have Netscape's ease of searching on multiple fields.
You can do it, but you have to parse together a command-line like
search term rather than just clicking on "add another search term"
like Netscape.

  It had a feature to autowrap quoting which I found nice - until I
found it was unreliable in general, *never* worked for multi-level
quoting and tended to auto-italicize (if you have that turned on)
the wrong bits of the message.  Sometimes text around the autowrapped
area even disappeared!

  Like I say, generally little things, but annoying.

  Regardless of what you may think of the Netscape Browser, the
Mail program is really a fairly nice piece of work...