Re: xroastcd fails to verify

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

> However, reading audio tracks in xcdroast no longer seems to work, I get the
> error "Unsupported CD-ROM" and "Unsupported device, try to force
> a specific read mode in setup".

You might want to get a version of xcdroast that uses cdparanoia for
reading audio (cdparanoia totally rocks).

> What SCSI card do you have? This is mine:

Well, I suspect that the SCSI driver might be to blame. It's a Qlogic
SCSI-2 PCI card. The card works fine with the drive under Win. So it
seems like the problem must be with the driver.

scsi0 : QLogic ISP1020 SCSI on PCI bus 00 device 68 irq 5 base 0xec00
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: PLEXTOR   Model: CD-ROM PX-20TS    Rev: 1.02
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
  Vendor: MATSHITA  Model: CD-R   CW-7502    Rev: 4.17
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
scsi : detected 2 SCSI cdroms total.
Uniform CDROM driver Revision: 2.55
sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 8x/8x writer xa/form2 cdda tray

It looks kinda funny though that it's recognized as 8x/8x writer,
whereas it's a 4x/8x. I tried setting manually recording speed with
cdrecord for 1x,2x,4x and none of the modes worked.

> (scsi0) <Adaptec AIC-7850 SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 9/0
> (scsi0) Narrow Channel, SCSI ID=7, 3/255 SCBs
> (scsi0) Downloading sequencer code... 412 instructions downloaded
> scsi0 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 5.1.10/3.2.4
>        <Adaptec AIC-7850 SCSI host adapter>
> scsi : 1 host.
>   Vendor: MATSHITA  Model: CD-R   CW-7502    Rev: 4.17
>   Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> (I think I have seen from the Linux mailing lists that this
> isn't very well supported, at least for Linux 2.1.x, I am not sure
> what it status is like for 2.2.x).

AFAIK, 2.2.x is 2.1.x debugged, right?

--
Arcady Genkin
"... without money one gets nothing in this world, not even a certificate