xroastcd fails to verify

Hello all,

When I write a cdrom using xcdroast, everything works Ok, until
the verification.

The verification goes up to 99% (always!) and then complains of errors.

This only occurs for some CD-ROM images (possibly > 500Mb, but
I am not really sure).

Any ideas? What is so bad about the last 1% of the CD-writing process????

(no - I can't even test my CD-ROM software with the original commercial
software, as I have lost the required registration code, and the
manufacture has said "I am sorry, but we can't help you").

:-(

pluto# cdrecord -checkdrive -dev 0,6,0
Cdrecord release 1.6 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: '0,6,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 6 lun: 0
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   : SYNC LINKED
Vendor_info    : 'MATSHITA'
Identifikation : 'CD-R   CW-7502  '
Revision       : '4.10'
Device seems to be: Matsushita CW-7502.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO

My system is fully slink (well.... as far as this problem goes).

Linux snoopy 2.2.6 #2 Fri Apr 23 21:35:43 EST 1999 i486 unknown

If I have missed any important details, please let me know!

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  xcdroast        0.96e-3        X based CD-writer software
ii  cdrecord        1.6final-0.2   CD writing tool

Oh - BTW, this computer is a diskless NFS-Root system. I really doubt
that is a relevant. The computer seems to be able to write to the CD
fast enough (ie the buffer is always 100% - 99% full).

Thanks in advance,

--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>