ftping through a router

I setup a router for a home network, and everything seems to work fine but
one thing.  I can't use ftp.  I can connection to sites outside my network
via ftp, but I can't do the ls command.  Usually, when you do a lsc,
you get something back like:

200 Port Command

or something like that, but instead, I get:

500 Illegal PORT Command

I can cd and pwd, but can't get a file listing.  Do I have to do some kid
of port redirection or something on the router?  I can't tell whether I
can send or recieve files since I can't get dir listings.  Does anyone
have any info on this?  Thanks.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."