Re: Name of "Select and Install Profiles" program?

On 24 Jun 1999, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "KS" == Kevin Septor <abamfici@home.com> writes:
>
> KS> program pops up allowing you to choose between tasks or profiles
> KS> and it then passes that info on to dselct so that you don't have
> KS> to tool around with 2000+ plus packages on your own.
>
> KS> Well I seemed to of blown by that screen (again) without getting
> KS> the name of it and I can't seem to find it on my own,
>
> It is deleted after the run. I think, because you can do harm
> (conflicts in the selection) if you use it after having
> selected/deselected packages on your own.

Martin

I would like to be able to look at the lists of packages in those
screens, even if only for the curiosity of what the installation
authors think should be in the several collections of packages.

Even with a fresh install, I couldn't get a script. If I leave
dselect after it starts in the initial boot up to start a script,
that screen never appears again, if memory serves. You say thse
parts of the script are deleted?

Aside: In defence of dselect, my last install went well, and I do
mean well -- a zero floppy CD install, and almost no conflict
negotiation, in spite of my not using apt. I used the admin
collection of packages. Previous installs have been classic dselect
newbie struggles.  Debian is coming along really well! (Or maybe I
am finding  paths that are easier;)

David

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
	         (Thanks guys)